Organizations eligible to apply for a Roanoke Women’s Foundation grant must be:
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code for a minimum of 36 consecutive months prior to the March 31 Phase I deadline. Local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization.
- Located in or providing services in the cities of Roanoke and Salem and the counties of Roanoke, Botetourt, Craig, Floyd, and Franklin. One hundred percent (100%) of RWF grant funds must be used in our defined service area.
- If selected for a Phase II Application, an independently prepared audit or financial review (from one of the organization’s two most recent fiscal years) will be requested.
- Not have received a grant from RWF within the previous five years.
- Apply for programs, services, necessary infrastructure, or other initiatives that support the organization’s core mission.
- Submit a proposal budget of at least $30,000.
- Propose to expend funds within 24 months.
- Focus on one of these areas:
- Arts and Culture: cultural programs, participation in the arts, arts education
- Education: educational opportunities for children and/or adults
- Environment: improvement, preservation, revitalization or awareness of public spaces, facilities, or natural resources
- Health and Human Services: improvement of people’s mental and/or physical well-being
Please keep in mind that RWF values concise, well-chosen language in all submissions.
Grants will not be provided for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits or endowment funding.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general campaigns.